As an Owner-Operator for COX Transportation Services, you are not just an independent contractor, you’re a partner! In fact, we prefer to call you our Business Partner.
We at COX Transportation Services value our relationships equally with our Business Partners and our customers alike, and we make sure our relationship with each remains a win-win situation. We have developed a trust with our owner-operators, each knowing that COX has a reliable customer base derived from a commitment to outstanding and claim-free motor carrier service.
Single & Team Operations
COX Transportation Services, LLC is currently leasing on experienced team and single owner-operators. For new leases, we require that tractors are not more than seven years old for a team operation, and not more than ten years old for a single operator. At COX, owner-operator teams can average 5,300-5,700 miles per week, while singles average 2,500-3,000 miles per week.
Become a COX Business Partner
We firmly believe that COX Transportation Services should be the carrier of choice for an owner-operator looking not only for a trucking owner-operator career, but also to establish a business partnership with an outstanding company. Our reputation in customer service is second to none!
- All dispatched miles are paid
- Generous fuel surcharge plan
- Free base plate for Virginia-titled tractors
- Free Qualcomm usage
- Weekly settlements
- Consistent miles
- Driver-friendly dispatchers who work with you
- 95% no touch freight
- Comdata fuel card available
- We pay real miles – via PCMiler PRACTICAL Route/Interstate miles, not shortest, “as the crow flies,” miles
- Permits provided
- Loading, unloading and pallet jack compensation
- Detention compensation
- Stop off compensation
- Free trailer use
- Rider program
- Commercial driver’s license
- 1 or more years OTR experience
- 21 years of age
- No more than 3 moving violations in the past 3 years
- Must pass DOT drug screen